Monday 27 May 2013

My kidnapping ordeal – My dream



C.G.Jung Swiss psychologist, influential thinker and founder of analytical psychology in his book Dreams asks some very fundamental questions about dreams. Why does this particular person dream this particular thing? He must have his specific reason, otherwise there would be a breakdown in the law of causality.
A child's dream is different from an adult's, just as the dream of an educated man differs from that of an illiterate. There is something individual in the dream: it is in agreement with the psychological disposition of the subject. In what does this psychological disposition consist? It is itself the result of our psychic past. 

Our present mental state depends upon our history. In each person's past there are elements of different value which determine the psychic "constellation." The events which do not awaken any strong emotions have little influence on our thoughts or actions, whereas those which provoke strong emotion reactions are great importance for our subsequent psychological development.

Salvary presenting: A Christian approach to dream work, argues that today we live in a world of material wealth and technological convenience, with little emphasis placed on God's revelation through inner experiences such as dreams, images, and primary intuitions of spiritual truth. In a spirit of openness to certain eternal spiritual images and what they might evoke for us personally. He then goes ahead to explore this subject through the lives of Jacob, Daniel among others whose dreams shed a huge light into this subject.

We had just lit a born-fire with a small gang on the roadside just as the sun was starting to go down. We then started sharing about what the village life was and how each one had experienced our day. As usual cries of lament would be heard from different people but there were also songs of praise too of what God was doing in some people’s lives. Suddenly a car pulled over on the side of the road where we were. Dressed elegantly and strolling majestically came out two gentlemen who I knew on our Kenyan political scene.  

Some within the group thought it was now time to let the politicians know how distraught we were with the system. As they approached us  we all stood up to meet them. After exchanging  few greetings they went straight to business. They started asking the group questions about who owned what in the area. They spoke in a language that majority of my gang would not understand so they proposed me to be their spokes-person. As usual I was hesitant to address the politicians because I could not easily establish their motives. Feeling dissatisfied they asked me to accompany them into their waiting car. 

A close friend who was following me closely became suspicious and shouted to raised the alarm. By then one of them had already taken the driver seat and the other one was on left passenger’s seat while my left leg was inside the car just in time for me to sit down.

 Just before I could shout ,”please take the number plate of this car”, they felt cornered and attempted to  forcefully drag me into the car as the driver accelerated. Not letting go I managed to fight off their attempt to speed off with me and fell on the tarmac road  terribly injuring my right shoulder. Knowing how the police system worked I did not dare report the incident to them!! Well I am not nursing a sore shoulder at the minute because it was just but a DREAM!!!

Jung argues that dreams have meaning like everything else we do and I am left to wonder does this one have any meaning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment